Rare Feathers Farm Hatching Egg Waiting List Spring 2010

So I think I'm doing a trade...I'm going to build a website for this lady who has GORGEOUS silkies in exchange for a pair. Now, I'm having to decide on what color!!! She has buffs, whites, blacks, lavs and I think partridges? I'm leaning towards the Lavenders!
smile.png
They are all bearded and CUTE! LOL

Are your lemon blues just buff x blue, or the real deal?

I may be interested in some of the project Cochins. How far along have you gotten with those, or will these be the first set of eggs from them?

My "lemon blues" I've been working on for a few years now. I got my original stock from someone in Oregon, the others, I was working on before I got those birds. I then bred those together and then those offspring to my red golden laced & I'm getting better coloration on these newer birds now that the red was introduced. However, my breeding trio is for sale...so I may end up selling them before too long. The buff columbians are also for sale and those are first generation birds themselves. The blue laced reds, I probably will not be offering eggs on until 2011 or even 2012 as they are still very new in development.
smile.png

I thought I'd update this to say that they are REALLY WHITE FACED WHITE SPANISH.
smile.png

No, it's NOT a typo. They are white birds--derived from white leghorns. They are from Ron Nelson's projects. They are standards. I'm not sure when/if I'll have any for sale because they are chronic egg-eaters. And it seems to be genetic since they parent birds were also egg-eaters! We're going to try to fashion a roll-out nest box for them next spring in hopes of salvaging some eggs....

Back
Top Bottom