RARE! Genetic Hackle Hatching Eggs, Half Dozen - NPIP

It is possible to harvest the feathers without killing the bird.. I actually remove the saddle feathers from my breeders before putting them into breeding pens.

This method is not however the industry standard. The capes and saddles are sold so that the fly tyer gets the complete skin and the selection of different size feathers that it contains.

Another factor is that the first set of feathers are always the best for fly tying. The thin stem is perfect for wrapping onto a hook. After a molt or a plucking, the second feathers rarely have the same attributes.

When selecting for hackle birds a fast growth rate is always a plus. Most hackle birds are harvested between 9 months and just over a year.

Ken

I will have Genetic Hackle Eggs available for about another month. My incubators are full and I have a surplus of eggs at this time. I will be offering my surplus eggs at last years prices for the next month or until the egg laying slows down.

Now is a great time to get some of these beautiful birds.

Half dozen - $50.00 Full Dozen - $100.00 - Shipping via USPS large flat rate box - $16.00

Beware of clicking on Fly Fisher's link to his website, the site has been taken over by spammers and gave me a very debilitating computer virus. Not good, I just wanted some nice Genetic Hackle eggs but I had to do a complete system restore after clicking his link.

Back
Top Bottom