Rare "Platinum" Pair of Peafowl! Female Sits on Eggs!

Although I still contend that "Peach" is really "Purple Cameo."

wink.png

Hi,
smile.png
Thankyou for your help, I had looked in websites and found all interesting mutations, expert for two mutations Taupe and Violete.

I had no idea about so many mutations on peafowls.

But I did not find the photoes of Taupe peafowls and Violete peafowls.

Clinton.

Taupe and Violete are very new colors, there won't be many pictures of them around (last I heard Taupe pairs were still going in the $2k range, but I haven't checked in ages).

Here's a picture of some chicks together from Legg's farm, opal on the left, taupe in the middle, purple on the right: http://www.leggspeafowl.com/photo/birds/l%20to%20r%20opal,%20taupe,%20purple.jpg

Here's
a picture of Conner's violete hen: http://www.boxess.com/connerhills/

I'm
not sure there are many pictures out of either color online yet, as very very few people own these birds yet. In a few years, there will probably be more pictures of them for you to see.

Quote:
Aw don't tease him about breeding his own *grins* He's in australia or new zealand I think! I wonder if this means taupe is like some suppose peach is then, where it's sort of a mix of purple + opal instead of a separate mutation? I love genetics
big_smile.png

It takes longer then you think, offspring breeding then back again I forget how long it took to get these birds but I think he has a write up on his website. When I seen them in person at the 2009 UPA Convention I thought they were Cameos.

No, I was wrong it wasn't Purple to Opal that made the Taulpe, I know that one was made that way.

Last edited:
I don't recall ever seeing pictures... I went straight to Brad's write up about the taupe mutation, because I thought I remembered seeing photos there when the chicks hatched the first time... but there are no pics there either. I'm usually really good at scouring for the information/pictures I want to find on the net, but I'm not sure there are many more to find yet. Kinda makes me want to get some and take a million pictures! XD

Back
Top Bottom