Rare South American Breeds including the Colloncas

I would like 2 dozen split between sweet potato & collonicas &olmacs if you still have thoes i pm you did you get it my phone died right after a couple days ago so i thought it said it was sent but mabye it hadnt gone through so pm me with paypal and payment info on that thanks!
Thanks for the reminder!
I'll be getting back with you very soon.
If I only had more thyme...I mean time.
I think I wasn't clear enough when I prayed for extra time to take care of things...
smile.png

Yashar

Anyone have videos of the different crows? I would like to hear what they sound like.

Do the Colloncas have a poor(er) fertility rate due to being rumpless? How many eggs do they average a week?

Last edited:
I think i read that tis breeds roos work together there fore you can have more roos per hen than a normal chicken which would in theroy give you better fertility....

Quote:
That is a good question. It could affect them.
Colloncas are a heritage breed that have been around for a very long time. So, their ability to reproduce depends on successful mating.
Several things cold come into play that could affect fertility of all birds such as not enough roosters per hen. stress in confinement, & general health among other thing I'm sure.
With the Colloncas I do, just for safe measure, trim the feathers around the vent when breeding them because the hens don't have a tail to move to the side during mating. And I'm looking for 100% success during mating.

Yashar

Oh, I get 4 3/4 eggs per week
smile.png

Last edited:
Finally have a pic of one of my Olmec hens, Oyster She lays lovely blue eggs. Love these birds. She is being broody now. Hope she turns out to be a good mommy. Do not tell my other birds, but the Olmecs are my favorites.
I have a beautiful big boy that looks just like her, he hatched May 5. He has additional red coloration too. That place by her comb that is colored differently - his grew a full muff and whiskers nearly all around his face, and a spikey comb that is similar the to a crown. I would give him to anybody who can come up with the box and S&H, such a shame for him to go to waste by putting on craigslist... even added to an easter egger flock would be nice...

Do you have a picture?
I have a beautiful big boy that looks just like her, he hatched May 5. He has additional red coloration too. That place by her comb that is colored differently - his grew a full muff and whiskers nearly all around his face, and a spikey comb that is similar the to a crown. I would give him to anybody who can come up with the box and S&H, such a shame for him to go to waste by putting on craigslist... even added to an easter egger flock would be nice...

Back
Top Bottom