Rash on duck?

I totally forgot about Epsom salts! Our ducks are very familiar with Epsom salts and their laxative properties...

I just was out in the yard and checked her (Priscilla), the spots are definitely looking better.

Thank you for your help!

Just for fun, here is a picture of Priscilla. :)

P.S. Miss Lydia, Cool link in your signature. :)

Last edited:
Awww,
love.gif

I totally forgot about Epsom salts! I am very familiar with Epsom salts and their laxative properties...

I just was out in the yard and checked her (Priscilla), the spots are definitely looking better.

Thank you for your help!

Just for fun, here is a picture of Priscilla. :)

P.S. Miss Lydia, Cool link in your signature. :)
Priscilla is lovey, and you have green grass too, lol keep us updated on how she is doing and glad to hear she is looking better.

That link is just to awesome not to share, glad you liked it.

I checked Priscilla yesterday morning, and her down is starting to grow back! YAY! There are still some bloody pin feathers, (it is all dried blood) but they too are slowly starting to grow back in. As a side note, I watched her preen a couple of days ago, and she was very careful in that area. (Which leads me to think that it was not self inflicted).

I checked Priscilla yesterday morning, and her down is starting to grow back! YAY! There are still some bloody pin feathers, (it is all dried blood) but they too are slowly starting to grow back in. As a side note, I watched her preen a couple of days ago, and she was very careful in that area. (Which leads me to think that it was not self inflicted).
I'm thinking some one else in the flock. got a game camera?

Good idea.

My Zehn is a bit of a feather-puller, but not more than the occasional poke - I haven't seen her actually extract a feather from another duck.
I haven't seen it often either but I know when the girls start getting rowdy with one another it can happen and even drakes can do it if trying to get one of the ducks to be still. And when mating they can get neck feathers pulled out.

We do have one duck who likes to eat white feathers, but when she plucked a patch of feathers off of our other white duck, there was just a place without feathers. (The down was still there, and it was not bleeding.)

Drakes are not a problem for us, our only drake, Pippa, is about 6 or 7 inches long. :)

What is a game camera?

We do have one duck who likes to eat white feathers, but when she plucked a patch of feathers off of our other white duck, there was just a place without feathers. (The down was still there, and it was not bleeding.)

Drakes are not a problem for us, our only drake, Pippa, is about 6 or 7 inches long. :)

What is a game camera?
http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...l1=e&wl2=trail camera&wl3=15081961421&veh=sem Trail/game cameras.

What breed is your tiny drake?

Just guessing but it almost has to be one of the others or a rat. I'd prefer to think duck. but I'd get some Blue Kote to disguise the area and go from there.

Oh, that kind of game. I was thinking game as in what you play. He he he..... No, we do not have one.

Our drake is a Gadwall some friends of ours rescued from their cat when he was a few days old. He has never shown any interest in Priscilla. He most of the time ignores her. He has only ever mounted our Welsh Harlequin. (who he was raised with.) Even then, he is very gentle.

I am going to check her again today, and we will see how it looks.

Thank you for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom