Rashy skin?

TheyBeChillin

Chirping
Jun 5, 2022
Hello! I have a pullet named Fern. She has very loose stool… I’m not really sure as to why because none of my other pullets have this issue… anyways, every two months or so I have to give her a bath. It’s been cold recently, and I’ve been unable to do so. However, today it warmed up pretty good, and I was able to bathe her. As I cleaned up her feathers and began to blow dry her, I noticed that right below her vent looked pretty red and somewhat rashy. Is there anything I could put on that skin there to help it from looking so raw? Thanks for the help!

Poop can burn the skin when it stays on around the vent. Vaseline or the overpriced Aquaphor may help with the redness. Poop pictures are welcome. Probiotics, such as Probios powder or the generic version from feed stores may help, or a little plain Greek yogurt with cultures can be used. You might also consider worming with Valbazen or SafeGuard as well.

Poop can burn the skin when it stays on around the vent. Vaseline or the overpriced Aquaphor may help with the redness. Poop pictures are welcome. Probiotics, such as Probios powder or the generic version from feed stores may help, or a little plain Greek yogurt with cultures can be used. You might also consider worming with Valbazen or SafeGuard as well.
Okay, thanks so much! I’ll try putting some Vaseline around her vent. I’ll see if I can get a good picture aswell so I can show you. What are some signs that she has worms and where might I be able to find medication/treatment for them? Thanks so much!

Okay, I have some pictures. I know it’s from Fern because it matches the consistency of the poop in her feathers, and none of the others have poop around their vent.
E9C4D714-3FA3-48DE-A801-2AF1F837FE92.jpeg
F2DBD6E0-02DD-4DA9-B8EB-044E872F8E5D.jpeg

I’ll also add that the others are beginning to have this issue aswell- not to the same degree, of course. But on a small degree they are. I’ll find poop stuck around their vent feathers now too. Not a lot, but it’s definitely more than usual, since they’ve never had this problem.

Back
Top Bottom