Rat Forums?

It was cute but I sure did look mothbitten for a while, all my lounging clothes had holes.

Since I still haven't posted any pics of my former rat crew, here's a couple:

View attachment 1582863
Little dwarf agouti girl with some rat-sized Christmas trees! I had 2 sisters that looked nearly identical, to this day I can't tell which is which in most photos.

View attachment 1582864
My 3 boys, all from the same litter - a black eyed Siamese, blue point Siamese, Russian blue Burmese. This must've been shortly after I got them because that is a pristine looking cage and toys.

View attachment 1582868
Better look at the black eyed Siamese as an adult. I love the color so much, but this guy was a little butthead. Skittish and we ended up neutering him because he tried to kill one of his brothers twice.

Soooo cute OMG

Um, i'll raise my hand and admit I'm a chicken and rat person. people talk about chicken math, well boy howdy, let me tell you about rat math! we have two males and two females, same sex pairs kept separately... until we decided to breed them. one female had 10 babies the other had 15! now we have a lot of math. we love our rats, they are smart, seek attention, communal, don't tend to bite... some of the best pets we've ever had. I'd participate in a rat forum on BYC! the cheapest and best cage for rats is made out of the same stuff we use to keep rats out of coops, hardware cloth! it's relatively easy to work with in smaller sections, the sizes you use for rat cages. they sell clips and a simple type of plyers to mend the seams together. it takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hand of it, it's not that hard and you save a bundle compared to buying a cage.

me and the kids made "rat shirts", we took hoodies with the big pocket in the front and sowed tubes of cloth onto them so the rats can climb around on us, retreat to a back pouch or hand out in the pockets, it's pretty cool how it works and every once in a while we throw them in the wash and they smell decent again :~)

Great ideas!!

And WOW that's a lot of rats! Lol did you sell any?

they are not old enough to sell yet, only 5 weeks. I plan to put most up for sale as pets and keep a few for breeding lines. it's kind of mind boggling how many different genes there are. seymese, blue, red eyed, ruby eyed, 2/3rds rex, a few double rex to possibly no hair. super cool teaching moment for the kids to learn about how genes express or lie dormant.

they are not old enough to sell yet, only 5 weeks. I plan to put most up for sale as pets and keep a few for breeding lines. it's kind of mind boggling how many different genes there are. seymese, blue, red eyed, ruby eyed, 2/3rds rex, a few double rex to possibly no hair. super cool teaching moment for the kids to learn about how genes express or lie dormant.

Ohhh okay. And wow that's awesome!! Sounds like a lot of variety!

Back
Top Bottom