Rat poison!

Amii

Hatching
Mar 21, 2018
hi all

There’s a possibility that my chickens may have eaten som rat poison if they have it’s not much. I have been to vets to get active charcoal and vit k. What do I do with any eggs they lay... I presume Ile not be able to use them?

Thank youuuuu

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME I AM NOT AN EXPERT but I would eat them after the vet says that they've have as much charcoal as needed and then some. (A few weeks?)

Thank you for your reply!
That was my thought I will check with the vets Ime praying they will be ok

hi all

There’s a possibility that my chickens may have eaten som rat poison if they have it’s not much. I have been to vets to get active charcoal and vit k. What do I do with any eggs they lay... I presume Ile not be able to use them?

Thank youuuuu
Eggs are 89 cents a dozen at my Walmart right now. Throw your eggs in the trash.
I'm assuming it was an anticoagulant and not a neurotoxin based rat poison? Have you taken steps to insure that it never happens again?
:goodpost:

The best way to deliver a poison rat bait is in tamper proof stations with BLOCKS. Never use pellets when one owns or maintains livestock.
We have been battling with rats for eons. Live traps and tamper proof bait station work effectively and most importantly safely.
Sorry about your tribulations. Throw out your eggs and buy some fresh ones for a couple weeks.:)

Thank you everyone Ime hoping they have not eaten any. I do use the baiting stations but when I went in this morning a rat must have carried half a block in with them god knows where it has come from!! So I am not sure weather or not the hens have bothered with it Ime hoping not!
I have been to the vets and started them with activated charcoal then they will be on vitamin k treatment.
I will just throw out the eggs for a while then

Back
Top Bottom