Rat Problem

Hi all!

Sorry not getting back to you guys sooner.

So, I've caught 4 rats so far. :D

1. The one I shot.
2. I had a trap set in front of my coop (no bait, nothing) and one morning I walked outside and there was a rat!
3. On Thanksgiving. It was still alive so I had to "finish it off" so to speak.
4. This morning. It was retired and expired. :p

I'm very proud of myself for catching to rats in a row! It was surprising and exciting!

I guess I'm doing pretty good. :)

@Weeg

- Clucky

Hi all!

Sorry not getting back to you guys sooner.

So, I've caught 4 rats so far. :D

1. The one I shot.
2. I had a trap set in front of my coop (no bait, nothing) and one morning I walked outside and there was a rat!
3. On Thanksgiving. It was still alive so I had to "finish it off" so to speak.
4. This morning. It was retired and expired. :p

I'm very proud of myself for catching to rats in a row! It was surprising and exciting!

I guess I'm doing pretty good. :)

@Weeg

- Clucky
That is great! Have you filled in the holes, and cut off water and food sources? You NEED to do that, or don't plan on ever getting rid of them. Cutting off food and water is most important. Good job with the traps!

That is great! Have you filled in the holes, and cut off water and food sources? You NEED to do that, or don't plan on ever getting rid of them. Cutting off food and water is most important. Good job with the traps!

Thank you!

I cut off food as best as I could, but I still have two tubs of water for the chickens....

Talk tomorrow!

- Clucky

Okay, that is good, Try to fill in there rat holes with steel wool and hard wear cloth best as possible too. Keep up the good work!

So far I have only been able to put wood, rocks, and then a stump on top of the holes. The chickens love the rearrangement! :D

I have the same problem. Closed off my run to the chickens for a month now and let the chickens free range during the day. Opened the run to the cats and dogs and removed hiding places up against the walls of the run. Haven’t seen any redolent so I suspect they moved on. My grandpa feeder came yesterday. Today I’m working on the rat tunnels. Still thinking how I’m going to do it. Maybe use hoe and flatten small ones and stuff steel wool then dirt in the large ones. Once I fix the tunnels, clean up the run I’ll get the feeder in and let the girls out. How are you going to fix your rat holes?
The best way to fix the rat holes is to cover them with steel wool and harder cloth. Glad these ideas are helping!

Another rat today! He was HUGE! And still alive!

Somehow he got wrapped up in the netting and was relaxing! I was so mad!

Please note that the second spoiler as graphic pictures, after the rat was dispatched.

IMG_0835.jpeg

IMG_0846.jpeg
IMG_0844.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom