Rat Proof Feeder Recommendation?

I prefer the Ratproof Feeder made by @Al Gerhart as it is not a guillotine style. I've had one for a few months and it works great.

Thanks RojoMarz, appreciate the kind words. You can always tell who follows the instructions after they buy a feeder, they like the feeder!

Now as a typical "man" I do admit to not risking my man card on occasion by reading instructions but treadle feeders can be a bit non intuitional and logic doesn't work on chickens. Follow the instructions, have the spring in the right place on the wire link so it actually holds the door tightly shut, adjust the spring for your birds and your feeder, fasten it securely to a wall or post, and make sure the treadle bottoms out on something. Those that do that on any treadle feeder are going to be better off even with a poorly designed feeder. Even with a guillotine style feeder.

I'll put my vote in for Al's Rat Proof Chicken feeder. When you're able to get it set up correctly, it works like a charm. Getting it set up correctly, at times, can be a bit tricky. But, as you can see, Al is active in the "community" and wants you and the chickens to be happy.

Be sure to spend a bit of time clicking around the Ratproofchickenfeeder.com site. It's a bit of a maze, but everything you need is there, somewhere! ;)

Thanks RojoMarz, appreciate the kind words. You can always tell who follows the instructions after they buy a feeder, they like the feeder!

Now as a typical "man" I do admit to not risking my man card on occasion by reading instructions but treadle feeders can be a bit non intuitional and logic doesn't work on chickens. Follow the instructions, have the spring in the right place on the wire link so it actually holds the door tightly shut, adjust the spring for your birds and your feeder, fasten it securely to a wall or post, and make sure the treadle bottoms out on something. Those that do that on any treadle feeder are going to be better off even with a poorly designed feeder. Even with a guillotine style feeder.
Is there a way to alter the treadle on your feeders so that it works for ducks?

Back
Top Bottom