Rat with a Nose Bleed

For 25 years+ I made a living working with lab rats. Anyone involved in their production or maintenance would look upon such treatment as definitely stressful. Aggiet, where did you obtain your information that this is not stressful?

MomtoSyd&Emma :

I doubt it was an actual nose bleed it was probably their stress release. I believe its called porphyrin.

Correct.

And I don't wash my rats unless a specific area has an injury that I need to clean. then its still not a full bath and mine are intact males.​

Quote:
I got the information from hands on experience!
smile.png
I'm sorry, but bathing pet rats is NOT that stressful, and even if they do get a little stressed out, it's highly unlikely it'll kill them.
roll.png
Clipping their nails is also *slightly* stressful, but sometimes necessary. Just like medical attention is sometimes *slightly* stressful and sometimes necessary.

Good lord, if we didn't do anything that was *slightly* stressful to our pets, most of them wouldn't live very long (think of weaning, vaccinating, spaying, etc).

And, I'm sure it would be *more* stressful to lab rats who probably don't get much hands-on interaction with humans. Geesh, wouldn't just *being* a lab rat be stressful to the rat?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom