Rate your heated water bowl

Mugs

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 2, 2012
Wisconsin
Fellow Northerners:

Can we share how our heated water bowls are working in the cold weather?

I have this one from Cabela's

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Heat...dog+&+heated&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

It was working great. Last night got down to -5 and there was about a 1/2 inch of ice on it this AM. It's in the run, my coop is too small for a waterer.

I'm wondering what other people are using and your reviews.

thanks
frow.gif

I believe this is the one we have!

http://www.petco.com/product/113646...5&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=51515412955

It's awesome, with the -20 wind chill we had last night and the high of only 15 here in Pittsburgh we had no ice what so ever... In fact the water was actually warm! The Girls love it!!!! The best part is, I found this bowl at an estate sale and bought it for 5 bucks!!!! I'd rate it a 10/10!!!!

The price was right! I was good here until the -5 last night. That was too cold for the bowl.

I put a 60 watt light bulb inside of a construction block, the waterer is sitting in a pie plate on top of the block and the water has not frozen in the below 0 temps so far.

We just use these, you can use about any type of bowl (up to 5 gal) on them and they have a built in thermostat. I have never had a problem with them and it's been well under 0* here over the years.

EHB-MD.jpg

Chris

I've use the Farm Innovators 1.5 gallon bowl (it's blue) for the last two years now. I've had lows down to -15°F with daytime highs of 1°F and haven't had any ice at all, even on the rim. I've tested the water temperature with a thermometer and it keeps it barely above freezing, so not much steam rises from it. It's important to me that it does not steam much as this adds unwanted humidity to my coop (and increases frostbite risk). I've been happy with it. If this unit ever dies I'd probably get the same thing to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom