Rats šŸ˜–

Elimination is the third step in the three steps of rodent control advocated by Howard E.. It is the third step for a reason, it is not 100% effective, thus the never ending need to maintain poison or traps. It is also never ending because the rodents quickly learn what is killing their buddies and avoid the traps and poisons.

I swear, we must have a lot of Elmer Fudd types out there with so much time on their hands that matching wits with rodents is the point of their entire being alive. Or maybe they just love a challenge? Once I am retired I might join them to have something to do.

Control the feed and you eliminate rodents and wild birds. It is that simple. You will spend a minimum of $65 for the cheapest treadle feeder on the market that actually works plus shipping between $20 if you are near the middle of the country to $35 if you are on one of the left coasts or are way out in the boondocks and paying a surcharge on top of normal shipping. And even galvanized feeders can rust out but keeping one clean and out of the muck makes them last a very long time. And buy extra springs, $1.50 each bought with a feeder, but USPS is now around $5.60 for three springs in an envelope if you order them later. A few bucks a year for replacing springs ought to be your only cost once the feeder is in use.

There is a product called Rat X that is only toxic to rats, interferes with their ability to thirst so they dehydrate and die in their sleep. It also eliminates the odor of their death. Walmart and Amazon sell it-good info & explanation on the Rat X website.
Thanks so much! We thankfully eliminated all rats shortly after this post!

I had some roof rats show up this last month following heavy rain. I found the rats in my kitchen raiding my pantry like it's the movie Ratatouille

Next day I dropped off a small kitten

Rats are all gone like the Devil himself is in my kitchen now

I had some roof rats show up this last month following heavy rain. I found the rats in my kitchen raiding my pantry like it's the movie Ratatouille

Next day I dropped off a small kitten

Rats are all gone like the Devil himself is in my kitchen now
Omg I would of died! They thankfully were only around the coops which is a good distance from my house: that was bad enough! We never used any poison we just used the spring traps and bucket traps my fiancĆ© had made awhile ago for mice he made some for the rats and then just did rat control like putting feed away in steel bins all that stuff and they were gone and havenā€™t had them since! (Jinx knock on woodšŸ„“)

Back
Top Bottom