Rats - a new way to erradicate them.

Stonerowfarm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
Cheshire, MA
One of our coops is a 10 x 12 shed that has been insulated for the bantys in the winter. Well, sure enough a couple rats made their way into the ceiling of the coop a few months ago. We knew they were in there, but they avoided the traps at all costs and obviously multipled a lot. Finally after surprising four of them in the coop the other day, DH came up with the bright idea to gas them. I hate the idea of killing anything, but realized that this is an out-of-control problem and it was necessary. I put all the chickens in the run and he hooked up a hose to the car, going into the coop. After running the car for two hours 12 rats total came out of the walls and went to a final sleep. He assures me it's a silent death and it was effective. Obviously this wouldn't work in a larger barn but it was quite effective in our smaller coop. Much cleaner than snap traps and no worries about secondary poisoning.

problem solved
clap.gif

I moved intoa house once with rats in the garage, I put an aluminum pie pan out filled with Coca Cola. No more rats!

Quote:
I have used a mud hog pump for under a large shed small barn we pumped water forced a buncha groundhogs out we dealt with them with firearms after they were out

having been asphyxiated once it did not hurt at all I felt as though I was just going to sleep no pain

wolftracks
Yesterday 1:14 pm
I moved intoa house once with rats in the garage, I put an aluminum pie pan out filled with Coca Cola. No more rats!

What does the aluminum tray with coke do to the rats ????????

Quote:
Something in the Cola causes intestines or stomach??? something to hemorage.

What if the rats put up a sign "We like Pepsi better!"???? How are we going to deal with that?
lol.png

I find it hard to believe!

Quote:
Are you serious? Coca Cola kills rats when served in an aluminum pan?
are you sure they didn't just leave for a garage serving Pepsi or Root Beer?

Where did you hear of that solution? I'd love to read more.
Will Coca Cola hurt anything else? like dogs or chickens?
not that they would drink it... but...

Quote:
Are you serious? Coca Cola kills rats when served in an aluminum pan?
are you sure they didn't just leave for a garage serving Pepsi or Root Beer?

Where did you hear of that solution? I'd love to read more.
Will Coca Cola hurt anything else? like dogs or chickens?
not that they would drink it... but...

This was enough for me to be convinced:

The Disappearing Penny!

Materials:
recent (1982 or later) Penny
Cup
Coca Cola

In this experiment, you can either clean another dirty penny... or make it disappear entirely! And we
mean REALLY disappear! Here’s how:
Drop a dirty penny into a cup and pour some Coca Cola or other carbonated soda into the cup. Look
at it again a day later: the penny has been cleaned! Want to make the penny disappear completely? Put
the penny in a cup of Coke and leave it there for approximately 10 days. Then pour off the coke
(DON’T drink it), and look: the penny has completely dissolved away! Now think about your teeth
and your stomach when you drink a soda pop. Hmmmm.... How did it do that?
(The zinc which makes up the body of the penny beneath the copper jacket is ionized into a zinc
'salt' by the chemicals in the carbonated soda.)

But I'd have been more impressed if the rats around the pie pan had DISSOLVED.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom