rats as predators

May I suggest a rat poison used by my village here in Southern Spain? Mix wheat flour with white plaster powder (cementa cola) 50% each. Put little piles along the rat run. Your pets wont die eating rats killed in this way because the rat will have expended the constipating effect of the plaster

Last edited:
You are indeed correct. Rodent poison can, will & does have secondary affects on pets & wildlife & PEOPLE! Think Transdermal. Before someone finds out the hard way, research, research, research.
See http://www.justonebitebrand.com/faqs.html
"Q. Will my pets be harmed if they eat mouse or rat poison?
A. Direct consumption of bromethalin could be harmful to your pet. Danger to your pet depends on the weight of
your animal and the amount of bait ingested. We recommend calling the poison control hotline at 800-234-2269 immediately if ingestion occurs. Don't apply bait where children, pets or other non-target animals may consume it.​
Q. What should I do if my pet ingests mouse or rat bait?
A. Immediately call the poison control hotline at 800-234-2269.
Q. Eeek! I found a dead mouse! What do I do?
A. Wearing rubber or plastic gloves place the dead mouse in a plastic bag and tightly tie off the bag. Place the
bag in an outdoor trash container with a tightly fitting lid. Wash gloved hands thoroughly with a household disinfectant. Remove the gloves and wash ungloved hands with a disinfectant labeled for human use."​
Does any of that raise any red flags fer ya?
Our cats have become fat & lazy. We just can't stay up every night to eliminate those filthy rodents, so for us educated fools... traps it is.

Back
Top Bottom