Rats, but not chipmunks?

So I had set both rat traps last night. I placed the peanut butter on the bottom side of the plate so the chances of me catching a rat was high. I went out there this morning, and the traps were still set, but licked clean. :(

While it's true that chipmunks are cute, they are almost as bad as rats. At least in some situations.

They spread ticks, disease, steal food, and also make annoying holes around the yard.
The traps we put out around the chicken coops are mostly meant for the rats, but it's good to catch a chipmunk or a squirrel that is hanging around the coop.
The simplest way to do things is to set the trap, and take what you get. :p

While it's true that chipmunks are cute, they are almost as bad as rats. At least in some situations.

They spread ticks, disease, steal food, and also make annoying holes around the yard.
The traps we put out around the chicken coops are mostly meant for the rats, but it's good to catch a chipmunk or a squirrel that is hanging around the coop.
The simplest way to do things is to set the trap, and take what you get. :p
Ok. There's about four chipmunks. I think that they're helping with my acorn issue? I'm not a fan of gray squirrels, they go after my bird feeder. I don't really want to find a chipmunk in my traps... But someone did say that the rats will chase the chipmunks away... So, in a way, the rats will protect the chipmunks?

You don't have any chicken scratch?
Chicken scratch? My flock has layer pellets in their feeder. I don't have corn and I don't know what BOSS is.

I set both traps again last night and covered the trap's plates with peanut butter and put a little bit of peanut butter on the trap's sticks. (I also used a different kind of peanut butter, not my organic peanut butter like I did the first night, but some peanut butter that I got from the food bank.) This morning, one of the traps had set off, but nothing was in it. The other trap was still set. Both traps still had peanut butter on them. I'm wondering if whatever caused the first trap to set off spooked the rats so that they didn't go after the other one.

Back
Top Bottom