There's a rat in the house!!!! It's been stealing my father's Black Walnuts, getting into our trash, and keeping my parents up all night chewing the Black Walnuts in the walls and ceiling over their bedroom. I am having a Slumber Party for my B'day this Dec. and I need this rat gone! What can we do to get rid of this thing without using poison? The reason why I am so reluctant to use poison is because I want to get another cat or two after we discourage these 'yotes off our land and don't want to loose anymore cats to poison. I've lost a cat to rat poison before and it's not pretty. The poor cat suffered so bad.