Rats, rats EVERYWHERE! ☹️

Pics
Ya know, I don't get it. Maybe cats are good for some people but farmers have kept terriers for rats WAY more than cat for a long time now. Cats are for mice, chipmunks, and ground nesting birds. MAYBE rabbits. Maybe.
We have a TON of semi-feral and outdoor cats here. I've gotten to know their faces. And NONE of them hunted the rats sufficiently. They did try attacking my chicks one time - that hasn't happened since I got a rooster.... And none of the cats I had growing up ever hunted rats either. They would hunt anything but. Literally anything but rats. Crows, bluejays, rabbits, other cats, even dogs and they'd pick a fight. But they'd walk right past rats and pretend not to notice them.
My grandmother rarely ever bought cat food. And I will say hers hunted more than any cat I’ve ever seen. But I always feed my kitties daily so maybe that’s what makes them a bit more lazy.

My grandmother rarely ever bought cat food. And I will say hers hunted more than any cat I’ve ever seen. But I always feed my kitties daily so maybe that’s what makes them a bit more lazy.
Not necessarily. I have one outdoor kitty. She gets fed twice a day like the indoor kitty. She slays EVERYTHING except the chickens. She doesn't pay them any mind at all. Everything else from moles to voles to chippers and squirrels, rabbits, mice, shrews, and one time a rat... fair game.

Not necessarily. I have one outdoor kitty. She gets fed twice a day like the indoor kitty. She slays EVERYTHING except the chickens. She doesn't pay them any mind at all. Everything else from moles to voles to chippers and squirrels, rabbits, mice, shrews, and one time a rat... fair game.
Lucky you! :bow Pass over the cat. Now. :lau

Back
Top Bottom