Rats, rats EVERYWHERE! ☹️

Pics
I'm coming very late to this thread but I did want to add one small suggestion. Gentleman named Shawn Woods on YouTube, has a channel called Mousetrap Monday. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYbru-MPO1xjes4FVn61JUQ
He has some of the best and most creative and most importantly honest reviews of ways to remove rats and mice around. He's got hundred of videos about dozens of different methods for combating rodents. I have had rat problems myself over the years, sometimes pretty severe ones and some of his methods have proven very effective.

If there's a massive amount of rats there and suddenly their food source disappears that does sound like it will cause desperation.
Chickens rarely attack rats and never when theyre roosting which is when the rats will be most active. I'm not saying taking away the feed isn't a good idea just saying be prepare for what will come next.
When it comes to an infestation ive been there done that.
My chickens have to interest in attacking rats. They run for the hills if they happen to see one.

I'm coming very late to this thread but I did want to add one small suggestion. Gentleman named Shawn Woods on YouTube, has a channel called Mousetrap Monday. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYbru-MPO1xjes4FVn61JUQ
He has some of the best and most creative and most importantly honest reviews of ways to remove rats and mice around. He's got hundred of videos about dozens of different methods for combating rodents. I have had rat problems myself over the years, sometimes pretty severe ones and some of his methods have proven very effective.
The trap he has with the falling ramp costs well over $200.

Looks more like a mouse. My rats are 3 times the size of that.
Lol, not a mouse. It's a Norway Rat. I know my critters.
20201204_215559.jpg

Love Sean! I watch his vids regularly. 🥰

It's not a rat proof feeder you need it's a no waste feeder that is needed.

The rats I have get into the coop during the day and eat to their hearts content while my birds are out in the run. I can't close the coop all day as the birds need to get in there to eat, drink and lay eggs.
Hows a no waste feeder gonna do anything more helpful then a rat proof feeder?
And why quote my post. My opinion is first and foremost is eliminate the rats asap then do whats necessary to keep them from ever getting a foot hold again.
My point was if you leave the colony intact and remove all food that isn't gonna make them eat themselves or run off starving to death in the night.
They will first turn to eating your birds.

Back
Top Bottom