Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinager

Quote:
No, I can't tell the difference in the eggs from when they have ACV or vitamins, or just plain water. I rotate between the three. I was told not to use ACV and vitamins in the water at the sametime.

Quote:
No, I can't tell the difference in the eggs from when they have ACV or vitamins, or just plain water. I rotate between the three. I was told not to use ACV and vitamins in the water at the sametime.

what vitamins do i have to give them as i give them ACV but can you tell me the name of the vitamin thanks

Quote:

what vitamins do i have to give them as i give them ACV but can you tell me the name of the vitamin thanks

You don't have to give them any vitamins, if you don't want to, with the ACV. I had been giving them vitamins before I started the ACV and still wanted to continue. If you want to feed vitamins you can go to your farm supply store or feedmill/store and get some that's good for chickens.

Quote:
The mother is the slimey opaque stuff in the bottle that produces the next batch of vinegar. You need to have a "mother" to produce what is called real vinegar. It will produce a baby on the top of the mother which can either be kept with the mother to produce the next batch, or you can separate them (and give one to a friend if they want one) and the baby becomes the "mother". Just like Kombucha Tea. If anyone makes this, they will instantly know what I am talking about. The mother is a scoby, (Simbiotic culture of bacteria and yeasts.) The bacteria and yeasts are extremely healthy for you and are what heals the gut, and controls candidiosis.

Quote:
Works great for gout as well, since gout is caused by a lack of calcium, and vinegar helps you assimilate calcium, it takes away the pain, and heals the gout right up. Whenever my knee starts acting up from arthritis, I take extra calcium (calcium lactate) and a raw apple cider vinegar "cocktail" of a tablespoon of vinegar, and a tablespoon of raw honey (you never want to use pasteurized honey, it takes all the nutrition out of it as well, thereby removing it's healing benefits) and a cup of water. I mix the honey and vinegar first and add the water after the two are mixed well.

Quote:
You are correct in that it will help with food poisoning. Whenever I get a tummy ache, I also take an apple cider "cocktail" and if my tummy ache is caused by something i ate, it gets rid of it in no time. Raw apple cider vinegar also gets rid of e.coli, as does raw milk. It is because pasteurization has not taken out all the good for you bacteria that destroys the bad for you bacteria. I have also read that wine also gets rid of e.coli because wine forms a mother as well (when using a mother to start it with) that has all the beneficial bacteria that is needed to kill these awful organisms that can kill a person. This is the reason that people used alcohol for health remedies in the old days, and is why it mentions in the Bible to "take a little wine for thy stomach's sake."

I have to add: If you are going to try using wine to get rid of Salmonella, e. coli, etc, PLEASE don't drink and drive!!! I have been hit twice by drunk drivers. Please use it responsibly.

Quote:
We also order our raw apple cider vinegar by the 5 gallon bucket at azurestandard.com. We put it in our Sheep's water, goat's water, chickens, quail, doves, dog, cat and soon to be our new cute little bunnies that my daughters just came home with yesterday. It is good for any animal. The first time we heard about raw acv for dogs, we were told it would help get rid of arthritis. Having a dog who had arthritis, we started giving it to her. In just a short amount of time, she was running and jumping, playing around just like a puppy, not an 8 year old dog.

I have never tried it for my chickens but back in Jan. I had a bad case of bronchitis and i heard apple cider vinager and honey was good for it plus it can make you lose weight so i poured a whole cup and put in honey and heated it and drank it and it made me sick as a dog so I wont be doing that again....I will try it for the chickens though

gapeachy, that sounds like you tried too much of a good thing. Most "doses" are in the range of 2-3 tablespoons of ACV mixed into a cup of water (often with honey).
smile.png
I can quite easily see that a whole cup of the stuff would make just about anyone sick!

Do you guys give 2-3 tbs per cup of water to your birds? This is an interesting thread, I think I am going to try it. I have a goat that is a little behind the others, I wonder if she could benefit like the sheep? hmmm
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom