1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rayden at the lake

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by dainerra, Dec 9, 2012.

1. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Dr Sarah confirmed that Rayden has cancer. It's spreading quickly but she said that as long as he is happy then it isn't his time.

I think that so far he is looking pretty happy!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ellie32526

ellie32526 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2012
    North Texas
    My heart goes out to you. We lost our collie Prinz to cancer a couple years back. It was difficult but we finally allowed him to go to sleep forever. He was in pain and there was nothing left to be done for him. Hold him in your arms as long as you can, then you hold him in your heart after that.

3. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Very pretty dog! and he does look happy!
    So sorry to hear the news. Enjoy what time you have left with him.

We just put down our Irish Setter because of lung cancer, poor thing couldn't catch his breath. We didn't catch it until the late stages though, so all the vet could do was give him a steroid shot and a diuretic to hopefully remove some of the liquid from his lungs. We got two days with him, to baby him and make cherished memories. He got to hunt for rabbits, chase the ball and eat all the dog treats he wanted (that was all that he would eat so he got the whole bag of Canine Carry-Outs and only had to share one piece with the other dog).

[​IMG]

4. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    He sure does look the picture of a happy dog. Beautiful!

I'm so sorry to hear about Rayden's cancer. Did the doctor say what kind he has? We lost our older dog to suspected hemangiosarcoma (all we can say for sure was that she had a tumor in her spleen and hemangio is the most common splenic cancer in GSDs) just over a year ago. It was a blow for us, but no one told her she was supposed to be sick. She was happy and comfortable right up to her last few hours when her spleen ruptured and took the decision out of our hands. I know I don't have to tell you this, but cherish every precious moment with Rayden before it his time. Our vet estimated 1-3 months by the time we found our girl's cancer but we only had a week after her diagnosis. To this day I am so thankful that I decided to take the dogs to one of their favorite parks that morning and got top watch her chase squirrels one last time.

5. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    it is in his lymph system. Here is a photo of them from Wed night, you can see how much his leg is swollen but how happy he is at the same time

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by