Rcom mini incubator eggs set 6/20/11(UPDATE) (IT HATCHED)*pics added**

Quote:
I have 25 eggs in the bator at the moment. And 3 in lockdown. Hopefully I will get something out of this!

Hey look at my homemade fridgebator

No problem
smile.png

I've never hatched eggs or even seen an incubator
idunno.gif
and I'm beginning to want to hatch eggs so I can get hens that lay the color of eggs I want. I just finished reading all 19 pages and have a few questions.

1. quintinp, how many chickens eggs does your new incubator hold?

2. At one point someone said they were going to move the eggs to the hatcher. What is the difference between an incubator and a hatcher? They aren't the same?

3. What is "lockdown" ?

4. Can you give me a brief overview of the process of hatching eggs?

Quote:
I can answer a couple questions.
2. a hatcher is the same thing as a bator. Just if you need the incubator for other eggs or have a staggered (different hatch dates) hatch then you need a hatcher.
3. Lockdown is 2-3 days before hatch date you fill up the water resevoirs and pretty much turn the eggs one last time, and CLOSE IT AND DO NOT OPEN IT until everyone has hatched. Pretty much you put them into lockdown. Lockdown is the hardest part of incubation.. Learn to knit or read a good book. Or do those dishes that are nagging at you lol!!!

Lockdown is the hardest part of incubation.. Learn to knit or read a good book. Or do those dishes that are nagging at you lol!!!

gig.gif

So the "hatcher" would be another 'bator?

Thanks

Quote:
gig.gif

So the "hatcher" would be another 'bator?

Thanks

Yes, I use my home made coleman bator to hatch eggs. Which until recently was unsuccessful until I learned to tape my bator shut during lockdown! I wouldnt spend too much on a hatcher, like I said something home made is good.. And in some circumstances free if you have all or most of the parts. I found a old cooler by the trash.. It will soon be a bator/hatcher.

Back
Top Bottom