Rcom Suro VS. Brinsea Octagon Advance

ChickasaurusRex

Songster
8 Years
Aug 10, 2011
SF Bay
I'm going to buy my FIRST incubator. Which of these 2 is a better incubator? Easier to work with, better hatch rate, better temp/humidity control, etc?????
Thanks! I can't wait to start hatching! I am soooooo going to be a HATCHAHOLIC!
gig.gif

Last edited:
With the two bators you mention, the Brinsea, definitely. RCom make great bators but the King Suro 20 is cheaper made and lesser quality than the Brinsea Advance. The RCom 20 is the model that's comparable to the Brinsea, and if you'd asked about those two I'd have said it's purely a matter of personal preference cause they're both excellent.

I've read a few reports of the King Suros going wonky after the first year, and I have a friend who replaces the thermostat on hers every year.

I've got a Brinsea Advance, with the optional humidity pump, and I love it.

Also Brinsea's customer service is excellent and if you ever have problems or even just need some advice on how best to set up your bator, they're very helpful. I've never had an RCom so don't know what their customer service is like...

I had high hopes for my Rcom Suro but I have to say I have been disappointed. I need to change the fan out every second hatch otherwise the temps go screwy and even then I do need to babysit it a bit. I have had to recalibrate it a few times too. The humidity pump is great and I love the clear view that you get of the eggs. Cleaning it is a snap too, but overall it has been a letdown. If I had the money to buy another one I would buy a Brinsea.

I use the rcom Suro. It's fantastic. Pop eggs in set the temp and humidity and leave. I have had a hatch rate of approx 93% and only use shipped eggs. The humidity pad lasts for ages and is so easy to use and clean I bought another one!

I don't know lol. I use ionised water from my tumble drier so the pump tube doesn't get limescale, I am really really bad and open it to candle every other day too. Make sure the tube sits in the pad. And its kept it a cool dark cupboard. I set It to 37.7 and humidity is 45 up to 65 for hatch.

Back
Top Bottom