RE : EE's

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by seminolewind, Oct 4, 2008.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    If I have EE's, what makes more EE's? Do you breed ee to ee, or what if you breed an ee to an Ameraucana?

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You'll get either greener or bluer eggs if you get an Aruacana roo (rumpless purebred) to breed over your EE hens.

ETA( And you'll still get EE's!)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    If you breed EE x EE then you don't know what color egg the offspring will produce. If you breed to a Ameraucana then you should improve the resultant EE egg color(I think [​IMG] )

4. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Quote:Where did you hear that? All colored egg layers can be selected to improve what ever color egg you want but it takes several generations.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  5. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Breeding an EE to an EE ie mutt to mutt you still will have a mutt, which may or may not lay green blue pink brown tan, orange(ok maybe not orange), may have muffs, may have a peacomb may have a.......................

in other words, you can breed whatever you want to it and still call it an EE since there is no STANDARD for an EE who can argue with you. [​IMG]

6. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    You breed an EE to an EE and you have a purebred EE [​IMG]. No telling what colors they'll turn out, because their progenitors could have been any colors, but they should be beautiful.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My goodness that's confusing.

8. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I guess what I want to know is if you have a salmon colored EE, how would you get offspring that are the same color?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by