Re-homing Cockerels

CarieLovesChickens

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2020
I have a few Cockerels I will be re-homing since I'm not permitted to have Roosters and today will be transporting the first one. I'm wanting to take care to not cause too much stress for this little guy in his 40 minute drive. Do I need to be sure there are water and food in the transport box for him?

I have a few Cockerels I will be re-homing since I'm not permitted to have Roosters and today will be transporting the first one. I'm wanting to take care to not cause too much stress for this little guy in his 40 minute drive. Do I need to be sure there are water and food in the transport box for him?
How old? Lavender is calming to chickens so if you can put lavender in with him, you should. I would give him a little water with electrolytes and a sprinkle of food or grogel instead of the food and water if you can.

How old? Lavender is calming to chickens so if you can put lavender in with him, you should. I would give him a little water with electrolytes and a sprinkle of food or grogel instead of the food and water if you can.
almost 6 weeks. I was going to send along some Lemongrass, but I'll try the Lavender as well.

For 40 min drive, I think he'd be fine without either food or water.

If the trip went a few hours, especially if it's warm, I'd pull over at least once to offer water.

Back
Top Bottom