RE: Is this a Rooster?

I've heard crowing occasionally, but I've never been able to tell which one it was as they were always in the coop. They are also not very vocal compared to the Comets I have. Are Easter Eggers always on the quieter side?

Not sure. The only Easter Egger I have is only about 6 weeks old, and they all seem pretty quiet. Do you have a rooster already? Or any other chicks look that developed? Seems like you've found your crowing culprit.

Most of my EE's I've hatched out are quiet compared to the others I've have, they are pretty good about 1 wake up call unless something or someone they don't know is about, The Rhode Island whites tend to start crowing matches as young cockerels hoping it gets better soon, and heaven forbid a hen is upset of the other roosters as they are demanding until I go out to see whats up, it's a nightmare when all of a sudden have hens fighting over 2 spots cause everyone's decided it's broody time lol

I'm impressed. Honestly I check this forum to test myself and I was not thinking it was a cockerel. Apparently I was wrong haha. The comb and wattle are so small. He looks like my pullets right before they started laying. My roosters were crowing by 9 weeks too! Thanks for posting!
At only 11 weeks the comb and wattle on this bird are not small at all. Large and very red. Definitely male. Also has saddle feathers visible

Not sure. The only Easter Egger I have is only about 6 weeks old, and they all seem pretty quiet. Do you have a rooster already? Or any other chicks look that developed? Seems like you've found your crowing culprit.

No, I don't have a rooster with the Comets - just hens. As for the EE, none of the other chicks in that group are as developed as the cockerel. I've even got one hen that, if I didn't know was born on the same day, would swear was 2-3 weeks younger than the others.

At only 11 weeks the comb and wattle on this bird are not small at all. Large and very red. Definitely male. Also has saddle feathers visible
I’m not disagreeing with what you wrote. I’m still a novice in chicken keeping. Like I said I just look around on this forum to quiz myself more or less.

My rooster at that age just looked so much more developed ‍♀️

Attachments

• 1CA0F7DF-5155-4D37-BD3D-BB00E939AE85.jpeg
    1CA0F7DF-5155-4D37-BD3D-BB00E939AE85.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom