Re post, more info

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Spring, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Spring

Spring Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2007
    I know some helped me already.... but I am posting more info. now.. Maybe it will help you to help me! Thanks!

I just got my baby chicks today. I am suppose to have
    2 red silkies
    2 blue silkies
    1 ameracauna
    1 black frizzle

Did I get that??
    [​IMG]
    Red Silkie? 4 toes

[​IMG]
    Red Silkie? 5 toes

[​IMG]
    2 Blue Silkies the back one doesn't really have feather feet though, and only 4 toes.

[​IMG]
    2 Black Frizzles?? both 4 toes

I'm not seeing the Ameracuna?? Or am I?

They are all soooo cute! Now I hope they are all female too!

2. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Silkies will have five toes . That's about all I know to help you , other than when chicks start to get feathers on their wings .....the frizzles will have their wing feathers curl out . Good luck ![​IMG]

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I've heard of some silkies having 6 toes...is it possible for them to only have 4??? They're the only chickens with black skin too, right???

4. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    sumatras have black skin, as well.

Could the black chick without feathered legs be your ameraucana?

5. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    If they are silkies they're not good quality, but that may not matter to you. [​IMG] Silkies should have black skin all over, five toes, and a pouf ball on top of their head.

I think you may have gotten two frizzles (the last two), but you'd have to wait until they start growing feathers to find out for sure.

6. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    It's the blue one in the third picture without any foot feathering and four toes. Take a look at the face and you should see muffs & beard.

7. Spring

Jul 10, 2007
    Chickn gurl, How can you tell if they are "good ones".? I'm not gonna be showing them or anything, I mainly wanted a friendly breed to have and heard that silkies are some of the best!

8. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Hi Spring,

Ive closed the duplicate threads and moved one that was posted in the wrong forum topic to avoid confusion. I left a redirecting link to here so that everyone can put their answers in one place.

Thanks for your patience.

Chel PS. Cute chicks!

9. Spring

Jul 10, 2007
    Thanks! I didn't mean to mess things up! Sorry about that! Hopefully I'll figure out what kind of chicks I have!!!!

10. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    "Good" as in a good representation of the breed standard of perfection. Even if they don't have all the finer aesthetic points I'm sure they will make great pets. Silkies usually have great temperments and generally that characteristic is passed on to their offspring, mixed or pure. [​IMG] Make sure you spoil them rotten and they'll be perfect lap chickens. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by