Re-purposed material - a lesson in recycling.

lol.png
thumbsup.gif

Great story. I have a coop made from recycled pallets shower doors, and even the nails from the pallets where reused and an old wooden toy box. I love reusing materials. I can't wait to see what your coop look likes.

The builder of your house/shelves must be related to the one that built ours. We needed to insulate the master bedroom exterior walls so we ripped off the sheet rock. There we found recycled tongue and groove barn siding with various colors of paint and knot holes. They put at least 4 nails down every. single. board. everywhere it met a stud. We spent days pulling out (yes, they screamed, too) 20-30 nails from EVERY board. It was a nightmare. We kept all those boards, though, and they've been recycled, yet again, on our coop, the 'man cave,' various shelves and boxes and barn repairs and woodworking projects the kids have done. I guarantee our house weighs at least twice what it ought to just from the massive amounts of nails they used on everything!

I'll warn you now, if your walls are like ours, just WAIT until you pull up some flooring! Oh, the surprises you'll find there!
gig.gif

Good luck on your coop building, can't wait to see the results!

That was fantastic. The first post reminded me of...Thoreau? or something along those lines. The second, Monty Python.

the ture meaning of recycled is on my byc page....truck bed liner pulled out of the woods and used for a brooder....coop...made from a barn that fell down....out in the boonies here.

Back
Top Bottom