Re-purposed material - a lesson in recycling.

omg!!
woot.gif
My hubby and I were on our way to a job yesterday and I was reading your thread on my phone and was laughing, hubby whose not a fan of chickens (but tolorates them well for me) asked what I was laughing about, so I started reading it to him, around the part where you said " imagine British accents..", I just lost it, Im a Brit so this was sooo funny to me,
lol.png
I ended up laughing so hard, couldnt stop cryiing I was laughing so hard,
lau.gif
:lau hubby trying to keep us on the road laughing, it was hillarios..."got to go to the loo" ha ha ha ha ha!
clap.gif
As many have said, you are a superb writter, and Im going next to your blog for another dose of rib ticklin!!
gig.gif
:gig Thanks for the best laugh Ive had in ages, and keep it comming!
ya.gif

wee.gif
I LOVE IT!!! Finally someone else who puts voices to their animals!!!! My son and I do this so much we laugh ourselves silly! Our scottie dog has a Scottish Brogue and our chickens all have British accents as well...except for our old english roo...for some reason he has always been the 'cowboy'...his name is Roy. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Love ur writing.. I give my chickens voices too. My EE Ella(after Ella Fitzgerald the blues singer because she lays a blue egg) goes around clucking softly ALL the time.Just like she's humming to herself or singing a little tune. Every now & then she breaks out in full chorus.
gig.gif

Quote:
It's hard not to put voices to them-- they have such strong personalities.

Love ur writing.. I give my chickens voices too. My EE Ella(after Ella Fitzgerald the blues singer because she lays a blue egg) goes around clucking softly ALL the time.Just like she's humming to herself or singing a little tune. Every now & then she breaks out in full chorus.

Oh my wife and I are Ella fans, for sure. I like the idea of having blue eggs, too! But no Easter Eggers here... just my Orps.

What's the link for the blog? I called myself looking, but can't find it!

I've taken the liberty of adding it to my signature. It's http://breakfastwithsybil.blogspot.com/

I
didn't do any more work on the coop this weekend because the garden took priority. However, I did take the peeps out with me while I worked. They did a great job, as usual! They spent a great deal of time running around and foraging and they seemed to really enjoy themselves.

Things that need done on the coop still:

Sealing the roof
Capping the roof
Sealing other big gaps to prevent drafts
Attached egg door and seal it, too (it can be modified, though, to be open to allow loads of ventilation)
Attach plank for run
attach mechanism to sliding coop door
Attach handle for ease-of-use when opening up the main coop door for cleaning etc
Paint the coop
Move the coop
Have the coop yield eggs

So lots yet to do!​

Back
Top Bottom