READ B4 REPLYING - Why aren't my chickens laying eggs i need to know ASAP

It is not so much the cold, as the dark that stops the laying. They can handle some snow, if they have light. Start slow, 15 min more light each week, in the morning. The increasing light might get them laying again, but once they have stopped, it's a problem.

It is not so much the cold, as the dark that stops the laying. They can handle some snow, if they have light. Start slow, 15 min more light each week, in the morning. The increasing light might get them laying again, but once they have stopped, it's a problem.
This was really helpful @Parront Thanks for everything!

My hens don't lay at all anymore. We had this whole problem with the girls laying outside of the nesting boxes and we couldn't get then to recognize the ACTUAL nesting boxes. :he So we only get about 2 eggs each 3 days because of our new chicks that we got. It's really getting on my nerves and the hens aren't even that old! This has been going on for about a year now. :barnie I have no clue what to do about it :confused:

Is it a white or red heat light?
They need white light to stimulate laying, but do not need heat.
I give them heat source since our cochins seem to like it. She snuggles right up to the lamp. Fluffy feet wet conditions and they only wieght 1.5lb maybe.

I give them heat source since our cochins seem to like it. She snuggles right up to the lamp. Fluffy feet wet conditions and they only wieght 1.5lb maybe.
Only 1.5 pounds? That is severely underweight for anything other than a bantam breed. Almost all regular sized fowl should weigh at least 4 pounds. Thin birds are very unlikely to lay any eggs.

Back
Top Bottom