READ B4 REPLYING - Why aren't my chickens laying eggs i need to know ASAP

Only 1.5 pounds? That is severely underweight for anything other than a bantam breed. Almost all regular sized fowl should weigh at least 4 pounds. Thin birds are very unlikely to lay any eggs.
I have some brahmas still under heat light.
Okay, I thought you meant full sized Cochin. :oops:.
Cute chair hidding i have some brahmas still under heat in barn. Born 8/22/17 ...when should i turn off the heat for them? These are my purring chicken kitties the boys purr when i hold them. Girls are chatty cathies really liking this breed. Soo sweet and happy!! Still have fluff under wings

Attachments

• 20171031_095429.jpg
    20171031_095429.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 2
I have some brahmas still under heat light.

Cute chair hidding i have some brahmas still under heat in barn. Born 8/22/17 ...when should i turn off the heat for them? These are my purring chicken kitties the boys purr when i hold them. Girls are chatty cathies really liking this breed. Soo sweet and happy!! Still have fluff under wings
If they like the heat, leave it on for them, but make sure it's safe. Lots of post here on BYC and the rest of the web about coop fires started by heat lamps. :(

Hey chicken experts in BYC! I'm sure some of you will be able to tell me what's going on.

We have 7 chickens, and they usually lay about 6 eggs a day.About 3 weeks ago, I noticed my chicken's egg production was slowing down a lot. They only would lay about 4 eggs a day. I thought, well it will be fine, maybe their just slacking a little today. But, 1 week later, the egg production went down to about 3 eggs a day. This really started to worry me. I did research online diligently, but none of them seemed to match my problem. Some said molting, but NONE of them have bald spots or feathers missing anywhere, there's even no feathers laying around in the coop/run area. Ok, so recently we have been getting maybe 1 egg a day. A lot of days we will get none. WHY? I'm sure there are experts out there who can help me with this problem. I need to know ASAP! Thanks all in advance.
I have 54 hens in my egg house.
Not 1 egg in four days. The ground is completely covered with a bed of feathers. It looks as if a fox or a dog got in there and pillaged and plundered by ladies but they are fine.
We are on Eastern Standard Time. Days are shorter, less sunshine from the season change. There maybe sun light, but not as bright now from it moving way over to the west part of the sky.
The grass stopped growing, the mover stopped mowing and my egg sales stopped going.
Happens to us every fall/winter. Don't need a clock or calendar to know the season changed if you care for Chickens..

yippiechickie-gif.1160556

Wow Farmer Connie, can you make our grass stop growing LOL! Still cutting here in SE PA. Lucky to have 13 new layers & they are laying 9-12 a day! Having a hard time getting rid of the eggs. Molting will come next year!

Back
Top Bottom