Ready For Occupancy

Thanks for all the nice compliments.

The door... Well, that's just a piece of plywood, but I wanted a window in the door so I can peak inside the coop without going into the pen.

The window is made out of an old picture frame. I put the glass in and siliconed all around the edge and then took another piece of thin plexi glass and stapled it to the inside of the frame to make a double pain window. (I don't why... I just thought it needed it.) Then I cut the hole in the door, put a frame around the hole to hold the window in place and put the window on hinges.

The window in the back was made out of 1 inch pine wainscott. It had a nice grove in it that hold a 1/4 inch piece of plexi glass just perfectly. The biggest challenge on this window was cutting those 45 degree angles and getting them to fit just right.

As for the painting... I just put two strips of tape to keep me going evenly and painted the checks by hand. It was really quite tedious, but once I got started I couldn't just leave it.

Last edited:
wow, great job!!! My chickens want to know if they can come visit for a wknd???? and hopefully Hurricane bill wont hit you...we had Ike last year...whew...was rough.

thumbsup.gif
Good job want to come up and build me another coop?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom