Ready or not!

I’m doing a second temp check tonight but you’re right, it does seem close. The temp seemed just right when I checked it after 24 hrs though. It’s only a 75 watt bulb so it was at temp up against the grate like that. I will definitely have to move it back as the weeks go on and they need less heat. Don’t want cooked ducks!!! Yikes! :(

Thanks!

just tested again with the bedding down. Way too hot now that it’s closer! Building a stand for the lamp as we speak! Trial and error lol :barnie

If the brooder was set up in the cold basement like we had originally planned, the temp would be fine, but now that it’s in the nice cozy warm house, too hot. :idunno

Last edited:
CE611B0F-CDC7-41F6-A405-540ACEF65BDD.jpeg
8239E041-2CE4-418F-9B29-2917C3D151A4.jpeg
They’re here!!! Already ruined my drinking contraption lol making some minor tweaks to it. One keeps sticking their foot in it, she’s gonna be a swimmer, I see :p is it ok if her little butt got wet? It’s plenty warm in there for them.

Give it a little time to get comfy then pick the lil one up and examine if stuck you might have to let them have a shallow place to bathe tomorrow. if you can't get it off yourself.

They sure are adorable and look very healthy.

Very healthy! I am impressed. They are eating and drinking like piglets haha. One sure has a lot to say! They are settling in great. My temp seems to be perfect now that I made those adjustments last night. They are taking turns snuggled up with their stuffed “duck daddy” and also pecking at his head hahaha

Back
Top Bottom