Ready to build the coop, but Mother Nature not cooperating...

I am in so much pain from painting on Friday that I can barley bend over, but at least the main frame is painted so we can set it on the piers today and get the roof on. I'm building the wall frames under the carport, painting when I can (my work schedule just went seriously wonky) and when the weather allows. Then we can move the wall frame sections to the site in the back yard and put it together there. I could never actually BUILD the whole thing under the car port, because we'd never be able to move it! This was my 8 hours of painting on Friday:

81934_img_0218.jpg

I picked up my chicks yesterday @ TSC. I too have them in a temp brooder here in the house. I had planned on a coop for four chikens, but now have six. I had a plan B for my coup though. I started it today in my garage. I'm building a modular type. That way once our snow melts ( about a foot and a half yet where I plan the coup) I can easliy transport all the pieces then assemble it in a day. I'm even building my run(s) with 4X6' panel sections. So far so good, I built three sides and the base today in about six hours. I'll be biuilding the last wall and nesting boxes tomorrow before work. I'll work on the run after that. Then I just have to wait for the snow to melt!

I'm sore just thinking about all that painting. I;m going to cheat and use a Wagner airless sprayer. What a wonderfull investment, between house painting, deck sealing and fencing, I saved my back and had more time for fishing!

Quote:

I had plans for getting the floor frame on the ground today. Just as I expected its snowing. Gah! I'm going to go out and get a placement anyway. Need to get this done it has become my obsession and it is all I can think about.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom