Ready to garden?

Msbear

For some reason alot of things will not sprout till ready, but you need to do the perennials frist, then move on to the tomatos and lastly the annuals.

Places here that I can get extra jugs is recyle day lots are out on the curb. Some folks also use the clear top shoe boxes, some times you can find on sale at Home Depot You do need a soild 3 inches of soil in the containers you use. I get lots of empty milk jugs daily from the local coffee shop, they are very nice to me about it.

I have done my winter sowing mostly on the south east side of my barn, cause it gets all day sun. Some place where they wont get wind damage etc.

I do watch for late freezes after the tomato seedling come up. But lettuce and poppies seem care free on frost and batchlor buttons and get planted out shortly after they sprout.

If you are new to this and not sure do try things like, Kale , Lettuce, Poppies, any tomato seeds from ones you have in the frige.

It is so cool to get sprouts in 7 days with snow on the ground. These plants will be much hardier then the ones you grow in side.

ML

I got my catalog from Johnny's today! Now I wish I hadnt... I wanna grow something!
he.gif

OHH!! this rain I am never going to get my garden turned for spring. More seed catalogs today just what I needed:p

Oh I am getting my catalogs daily and my seed orders too. I only have a few veggies left to order for Spring. I start them indoors so in the next month my seeds will get started.

I love my gardening.

This is the fortress I put up last year after my addiction to hatching produced monsters that ate the old garden. With the fence to keep the chickens out and hardware cloth to keep the gophers out, just maybe this year I'll get a summer garden. Right now there are lots of winter veggies in there: broccoli raab, broccoli, kale, chard, lettuce, 3-4 kinds of garlic, spinach....Too much for a one-person house, but then so are 40 chickens.....
8523_img_3703.jpg

I have been sitting and plotting and planning what and where I am gonna plant
hmm.png
It drives me nutts every year because I get gardening fever!
barnie.gif
The catalogs just serve to make it worse!

Back
Top Bottom