REAL Poultry Show (All Breeds)- *WINNERS ANNOUNCED*

Alright...after MUCH deliberation...we have decided on...(DRUMROLL!!!!)

Reserve Champion of Show:
Urban Coyote Black Rosecomb hen:
ex5.jpg

Champion of Show:
PouletDeCajun Buff Silkie
!!!!
11916_nationals_2008_093.jpg

These were exceptionally hard to judge. They are both excellent birds. Urban, the reason for your bird getting reserve was that the sunlight ruined the beetle green coloration on her. There is also some brown feathering and there is also some feather damage on her left wing, I believe the first primary. Her comb could also be a bit more gradual but absolutely awesome bird. Maybe a bit higher tail angle...but she is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for entering her!

Mrs. Turbo, your bird has excellent lacing. Gorgeous bird. Her tail has this odd angle at the tail to the back. Still a gorgeous bird that you should be proud of.

PouletsDeCajun, what more can I say than "WOW."

Oh sweet! Thanks so much! I'm very proud of this little girl.

She won Reserve of Variety at the Silkie Nationals in Shawnee back in December. The judge there was Jim Sallee, and she took Reserve behind George Mihalik. Jim said it was a REALLY close call though, and he had a lot of trouble with it. It was quite an honor to share the placing in the buff variety with George however, as he's been breeding/showing Silkies for 30 somewhat years. To place along side a Master Breeder/Exhibitor is really rewarding! And VERY VERY educational!

Thanks again for doing the online show! It was my first, and it was really fun! Congrats to Urban Coyote, as well as everyone else who has the priviledge of enjoying this great hobby!

(BTW... I was the photographer on that photo above! LOL It is NOT a professionally done photo)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're referring to the logo, no. That was done by an ASBC member in Oklahoma.

If you are referring to the original picture that I had posted, yes. It's the same photo as the one above.

I think I ended up taking all the pictures at Nationals that weekend.. LOL Once everyone saw the pictures I was taking and got wind that I had photography experience, I was forcefully volunteered.... LOL

Thanks, that was fun......

The tail is just at a bad angle in the picture.....but thanks, we are very proud of our SLWs.

congrats to the winners.

Maybe you should consider doing that at poultry shows and charging a small fee...everyone wnats nice photos of their birds....could be just like the photographers who travel and do dog show photography!!! Jane

congrats MS. Turbo...were some awesome call ducks there too!! Congrats Urban Coyote...I liked the Blue boy better, but thats just me!!!!Your Birds are super!! Poulet de Cajun....Gorgeous......
bow.gif
bow.gif
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
WooHoo, Cool! She is a nice hen and has been enjoying her retirement from showing by mucking around in the mud the last few days.

Congrats to everyone though! There are some nice birds picture here!

A big congrats to PouletDeCajun and your Buff Silkie!

Cheers,
Shannon

Back
Top Bottom