Really Bad Wound

Ditto, straight iodine went out in the 50's along with pouring straight alcohol on a wound. You need to look at gentle, yet effective antibacterial cleansers like betadine and chlorhexidine and, still you dilute these with just a few drops per pint of warm water. I strongly urge you to flush the area with one of these cleansers next time you rebandage.

Good bandaging job by the way. Dont be discouraged if she gets it off, its a hard spot to bandage, kind of like bandaging a horse's hock.

She is still kicking! Just purchasing some more wrap, antibiotic ointment, and getting the betadine. Looks like it was just flesh ripped off. I'll get some new photos today.

Well she is still going strong. She keeps taking the bandage off but the wound looks really good and I think it could do with some air. She is still in the bathtub in the second bathroom. She has stopped laying but I don't blame her with all the trauma and pain. I am sooo happy I didn't lose her. :)

welcome-byc.gif

Now that you have been taking care of the wounded area lets take care of some other health needs like the feed let's try boiling up an egg and then pealing it and mashing it up with a fork real good then feeding it to your chicken for three days next do you have any Turkey Grow with 20% or more protein as there is a lot of healing to do
wink.png

gander007
old.gif

U need to find a spray called blue kote. I had a barred rock got atacked by a dog it torn ll the skin from the back of her neck off it was veary ad. I got some of that from a farm store it healed so good that in a month she was growing feathers back. That stuck works awlsome

Back
Top Bottom