Really big eggs with stuff in them

cnjtnt

Chirping
11 Years
Nov 17, 2009
Federal Way, WA
Second Egg I've had that has been really big (sorry, forgot picture while still in the shell). There is some other material in there that I cannot identify. Maybe extra shell material that got inside the egg? Shell was soft. I cooked it with another egg from a different hen to see the difference.

Any thoughts on what it is or what might be causing it?

44688_cimg0777.jpg

44688_cimg0778.jpg

44688_cimg0779.jpg

44688_cimg0780.jpg

44688_cimg0781.jpg

It is a blood spot or a meat spot -just a piece of tissue that go caught in the formation of the egg that I see on the spoon.

Remember eggs are biological. There are hundreds of blood spots you can't see and it is not unusual to have them in an egg. Spoon it out. It's fine. Same with a meat spot.

It just seems to be more unusual as commercial eggs are check so many times to prevent this from happening with store bought eggs we tend to forget eggs are biological products.

The white part is the chalaza which is the membrane that keeps the yolk suspended in the middle of the egg.

i dont see anything wrong with them. even if i get an egg with noticeable blood spots i'm like "whatever." and eat it anyway. no difference in taste.

but as fat as i can see these eggs look totally normal.

How big was it?! LOL

I just got my first really big one and I thought she must be part ostrich! I don't know how they get out unbroken! I thought it must be a double, but yours was/are not?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom