really creeped out right now

tinychicky

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 24, 2010
New Hampshire, U.S.A
i'm alone in the house sitting at the kitchen table and all of a sudden my dog starts barking. not his 'pay attention to me' bark but his deep, unfriendly "who are you and what are you doing here' bark, but there was nothing there when i went to look. then he went and just lay there looking in the direction he barked in. i keep hearing noises from that end of the house now, like thumping and clattering. not too loud but still enough to shake me up. so i grab my dog and a pencil (okay not the best thing to defend one's self with, but it was the closest thing to a weapon i could find lol
lol.png
) and went over to look but i can't find anything. anyway i'm really creeped out now and i know none of the doors are locked cause they never are and no one will be back for a few hours... i mean i guess i'm overreacting and it was probably the cat or something but still.

Are you ok?? Don't second guess yourself or the dog. A raccoon maybe in your attic
or a person broke in. Please let me know you're ok. Its ok to call 911 for to do a safety
check or the non emergency police number.

Try not to worry about it too much. It drives me insane when that sort of stuff happens! I'm usually having a minor freak-out by the time someone gets home.
tongue.png

Lock yourself in one of the rooms, if that makes you feel better. I usually pick the TV room.
lol.png

Quote:
That is great to hear. The best thing to do is to just keep your mind busy, otherwise every little noise will make you jump.
lol.png

How are your mice doing?

ray's two cents :

Try not to worry about it too much. It drives me insane when that sort of stuff happens! I'm usually having a minor freak-out by the time someone gets home.
tongue.png

Lock yourself in one of the rooms, if that makes you feel better. I usually pick the TV room.
lol.png

lol maybe we both need to get an attack rooster or a herd of hungry guineas to protect us
tongue.png

After someone gets home check the house and start locking the doors. Personally I'd rather
the criminal show up when I'm gone and not home. I bet you leave the doors locked when you
leave and open while home.
smile.png
I'm the door locking nag in my family.

Back
Top Bottom