Really dry duckling and he has some blood stuck to him NEED HELP!

DaDuck10

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2021
So he just hatched today and I am really worried. I read that some people used some warm water to take off the blood and wet him a little. I think he might not have control of his wing because it looks really weird please help! Should I just leave him alone or try something?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 9
You could soak a paper towel in warm water, then set it on the stuck parts (looks like dried egg membrane???), and then gently peel it off with tweezers when it’s soft and damp. I had to do this with a turkey I helped out of an egg once. Poor little gobble had dried membrane stuck over his eye :eek:.

You could soak a paper towel in warm water, then set it on the stuck parts (looks like dried egg membrane???), and then gently peel it off with tweezers when it’s soft and damp. I had to do this with a turkey I helped out of an egg once. Poor little gobble had dried membrane stuck over his eye :eek:.
Thankyou! I will try it tomorrow. He is sleeping right now under the brooder!

Yay! If it’s just dried membrane stuck to him, he should be okay (unless it’s hindering his movement). Getting it off shouldn’t be too tricky, so long as you get it damp enough and are careful. Good luck!! :wee
Update: Haven't done anything to him and his feathers are now mostly fluffy and he can move his wing now!!! Would it be a risk to wet him to remove the membrane or do I just leave him like that because he is a little bit weak and I dont want him to get worse.

Back
Top Bottom