really gross egg

oooh, thanks for the links, dntd. Agnes's egg is soft and squishy on the outside, but I'm glad to know she isn't all that strange. She is a very sweet girl.

45265_img_3463.jpg

Had one like that from one of my Delaware girls; in fact, exactly like that. Didn't seem to be a problem for her (still not sure which one it was since I found an egg in some tissue like that out in the pen). No way to be sure, but she may be just fine. All you can do is watch and see if she lays normally after this.

Here's the one I got:

DCP_3813.jpg

DCP_3816.jpg

Thanks, speckledhen, you are right; that looks exactly like my situation 'cause it seems like there is a normal egg in the sac. My DH doesn't want to clean off the tissue. I think he is thinking - ewwww! He just said we will do it tomorrow. Merry Christmas and thanks for putting my mind at ease.
hugs.gif

I've seen other pictures of weird eggs like that. Supposedly, it just happens but then resolves. Mine had a few membrane eggs early on, but no problems now.

Thanks, cmom and quillgirl. I'm sure Agnes is just fine. This morning she was the only one in the house and was looking a her nest like "Where is my baby?". She is such a sweetie.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom