Really need advice about my cats eye, Please..i think he may lose it!

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
Hi..my cat Digit had an eye infection in his left eye...i used a cat eye anitbiotic ointment to clear it up..it was fine in a few days time...but after that...his other eye became infected and swollen..so i brought him to a vet..she said he had a scratch on his cornea...and put a few stitches in his inner 3rd eye lid..to help keep it open, for healing...she also gave us an antibiotic ointment to use 2x a day... so,we brought him back the next week..for a re-check and to get the stitches out...(to me the eye looked worse at this point)..so..we brought him back to her..she took out those stitches and re-stitched it back up..told us to come back in another week and this time gave us Terramycin ointment and Clavamox liquid..so we did that for another week...when we brought him in this thursday she removed the stitiches..and told us to just continue with the ointment and Clavamox for another week.....but my concern is..this cats eye is looking no better after almost 3 weeks time!!....this is a new vet for me...i'm trying really hard to trust her..but...as you can see..his eye is terrible!!..he's also losing weight..i think due to the stress and pain and neck collar...i just dont know what else to do for him!...
hit.gif
..should i try another vet?.or what?..please, any advice on what you think it is..or what else i can do...thanks so much..Wendy
(I'll send the pics in the next post...thanks..)

hi..i'm not sure...it is what is there when he opens his eye..i cant even really see his eye anymore...there is such a film(or something) over it...i am really lost here....and i really fear he may lose his eye....its been about 3 weeks..and it looks worse to me..than before i brought him in to the vet..
hu.gif

what does it look like to you?...so u think i should switch vets?..Wendy

If it is indeed his eyeball and the corneal ulcer has deepened, he could be in danger of a rupture. I would not delay but take him elsewhere as soon as possible. After many years as an OR nurse, I now spend 2 days working the desk at a vet's office. Corneal ulcers are dealt with pronto. It would be helpful if the original vet were to fax your records over to the new one.

does anyone else have any idea?..should i continue with the same vet and trust her judgement?..and keep following her instructions...thanks, Wendy

thanks..we must have been posting at the same time..
smile.png
..so, you think it is an ulcer??..she just metioned a scratch?..
hu.gif

REDHEN....... You are in Mass right? I think kinda in my area right? I think you should go to the Emergency Vet Hospital in South Deerfield. are you familiar with it? Its a great place, no appt just walk in.
That looks terrible and if i were you i would take him there.

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom