Really Sick duck!!

Aw, I don't know, she isn't looking good today. She is walking around funny like. This is a first for me. We have never had ducks before and what's more, never had a duck sick before this. By the way, her name is Darla Lynn. And she is a Welsh Harlequin if it's any help.

Also, I have recently discovered she has a mild case of bumblefoot but I'm not sure if this could be a factor.
can you get a photo of the bumbles?
What colour are her poops?
I think it's unlikely to be egg related based on her age and the time of year, but its work checking, does she have access to oyster shells for calcium?

Tube Feeding? I don't think I could do that! I do really want to help her... She has thrown up twice before but not recently. Would syringe feeding work? I tried the syringe before but the food just would not go up with the syringe no matter what. I have syringe-fed a chicken before... but you know more than I do, but please tell me if a syringe would work. Also is there a chance this could be some sort of an internal parasite that was not flushed in the deworming procedure? Once we had a chicken that had had seizures and uncontrollable flopping, it was really really sad, and we believe it was caused by because of a parasite that had entered her head.

My computer won't let me upload the pictures, but it is a mild case of bumble, no swelling or redness, but she has a round black scab on one foot. Her stools are liquid and clear.
No, she does not have oyster shell, but I am planning on buying some as soon as they began laying.

I didn't think I could tube feed either but my Runner was really sick and I would have lost her if I hadn't tube-fed her. It really isn't that hard and when I did it the first few times I had my DH hold her wrapped in a towel so I would have both hands free.
Using a syringe isn't going to get much nutrients into her.

Back
Top Bottom