Really small banty

Do you know what breeds any of them are?
It is possible you got a Serama or a Dutch, which are the two smallest banty breeds, mixed in with some larger bantam breeds like EEs or D'anvers. There is also is the possibility that some of the chicks are standards or standard crosses.

don't have much info on your flock,so here is some things you can try. I just had regular size chickens chick that was from a first time layer and a small egg.

I put a couple feeding/water stations in the brooder so she wasn't getting pushed out by the others as even as chicks they will do this. by day 2 she was getting enough feed this way she did actually start catching up to the others when they left for their new home.

A lot of times the others will keep a smaller one from getting the feed they so need at this time as they grow so fast

There's various size bantams so I wouldn't worry much if you got an assortment of them.
With feed store or hatchery assortments there's usually some old english game bantams in the mix and they can be quite small compared to most bantam breeds.

There's various size bantams so I wouldn't worry much if you got an assortment of them.
With feed store or hatchery assortments there's usually some old english game bantams in the mix and they can be quite small compared to most bantam breeds.

There are bantams such as seramas, dutch and sebrights which weigh less than or near a pound and others such as cochins, brahmas and orpingtons which will weigh over 30 ounces. The size differential in the chicks will be distinct and remain so throughout the grow out period. If it becomes a problem, sort the chicks into different brooders by size so the competition for feed, water and heat source are not so great. Sometimes the smaller chicks just can't compete earlier on and get weak and die due to lack of feed and being pushed away from the heat source.

Blessings,

Bo

don't have much info on your flock,so here is some things you can try. I just had regular size chickens chick that was from a first time layer and a small egg.

I put a couple feeding/water stations in the brooder so she wasn't getting pushed out by the others as even as chicks they will do this. by day 2 she was getting enough feed this way she did actually start catching up to the others when they left for their new home.

A lot of times the others will keep a smaller one from getting the feed they so need at this time as they grow so fast

Thanks for your response. This little one is getting plenty of food. I agree with you and others. Some bantys are just smaller.

Back
Top Bottom