Really Tiny Egg

musikfan

Songster
Nov 23, 2021
Greetings all. I have a feeling this is probably discussed on another thread, but there are so many, I'm not sure if I'll find the info I need. I went out today to find an egg half the size of my regular eggs. Is this typical for a hen's first egg? Penny, my Delaware, is right at the age now where she should start laying, so I'm wondering if it might be her egg? My other three have been consistent with their egg size, which have always been "normal". And this one was outside of the nesting box in the corner of the coop. My suspicion is that Penny laid it because the others are still pretty dominant and probably don't like when she's in the nesting boxes. But then again I may be wrong. What do you think?

Often first eggs aren't normal as far as a regular size/shape. As long as it doesn't keep happening, it's nothing to worry about. 🙂

Often first eggs aren't normal as far as a regular size/shape. As long as it doesn't keep happening, it's nothing to worry about. 🙂
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I suspected it would be that way, but I wanted to be sure. I knew she'd be laying sometime soon, so I figured it might be her first one. :)

Like these? Both "firsts" from new layers.
IMG_20220704_135334435.jpg
IMG_20210612_131932242_HDR.jpg

LOL! Mine is a bit bigger than that, but it still doesn't fill the space in the egg carton like the regular sized eggs I get from my other girls.

Back
Top Bottom