Really weird egg

dehowery

Chirping
Feb 13, 2017
alabama
We have a Easter Egger (Wellsly) that is part amerucana who never did lay until December of last year(she was about a year old then) . all along we were giving credit for her eggs to another hen- Cagney...Until..that hen died from a heart attack/stroke. When we got 2 more eggs after her death we figured out who was really laying the blue eggs. She and the rest of our girls just about stopped laying all together when our Rooster hit maturity. The girls hated him! Well we found a new home for him and they all started to lay again except for Wellsly. Last week she layed a Fairy egg.Which we understand is common when hens stop laying then start again. At the end of the week I noticed her bootie feather were all fouled up so I brought her inside and gave her a Sprayer bath, got the sticking feces off her feather/butt and noticed the long feathers were coated with something that was clear- finally got that all off. Put her back outside and she appeared to be fine. She would go to the nesting areas everyday and sit for about an hour But no eggs. Today I found this. I have no idea what it is, Does anyone else? When I cut it open the stench was BAD. The inside looks like there is meat inside. Could this be an aborted chick? The rooster has been gone 3 weeks. I Found this next to some feces where she had been perching.
odd egg2.jpg
odd egg1.jpg odd egg1.jpg odd egg1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom