Reasons for eggs not hatching???

Nothing yet. No peeps. Nothing.

I moved another chick I hatched (4 weeks old) in with my lone chickie. I think the 4 week old is terrified to death of the baby since the baby is chirping at the top of her lungs.

I need to figure out how to upload a video. It is so funny to see. The big chick is standing in the corner with its beak to a wall as the little chick is running circles and "screaming".

The thought of The lil chick screaming and running circles around the bigger ine made me lol thanks to byc another night of working and chickening almost complete Cant wait to get home and check on my peeps I'm right up on day 21 my chicken is sitting on her eggs she is a cheeky blue bantam she had 13 when she finally decided to sit I counted the days I figured they where due by feb 1 but have heard nothing there is less than 13 as we have had to throw some away that where outside her crate nest box on the floor we don't know how they where taken out my theory is it stick to her feathers or something but anyways there's a clutch of eggs she's sitting on and I haven't heard anything hoping to be able to get home and find them hatched any day now maybe even today the dad is a frizzle bantam. I can't post pics from my cell but hope to show them off on one of the forums after we take pics and upload to laptop to be able to upload them on this site. Good luck

Another couple of things you can do when you have a lone chick is to a) put a small purse mirror in the brooder, placed on the wall somehow so the chick can see its reflection, which will make it think there's another chick in there with it, and b) place a small stuffed animal like a chick in there with it, so it has something to cuddle with. We have some of those old Beanie Baby small roosters we use for these situations, and they work pretty well, as do the mirrors. That way the singleton chicks don't seem so sad.

Another couple of things you can do when you have a lone chick is to a) put a small purse mirror in the brooder, placed on the wall somehow so the chick can see its reflection, which will make it think there's another chick in there with it, and b) place a small stuffed animal like a chick in there with it, so it has something to cuddle with. We have some of those old Beanie Baby small roosters we use for these situations, and they work pretty well, as do the mirrors. That way the singleton chicks don't seem so sad.

The two seem to be getting along fabulously now. Kinda like the Tom and Jerry cartoon where the little dog is running around the bulldog hopping up and down and calling "Spike"! The older chick even cuddled the little one under it's wing last night. Sweet.

"Are you my mother?"

lol.png

Back
Top Bottom