Reasons to live in the South

My Wife is fro Missouri. When we first moved back to Mississippi she kept asking "Why did that person wave at me? I don't know them." She thought it was weird that everyone waves at you when you meet on the road or said hi when walking down the road or at the store and such and walk past someone. She thought it was crazy.

After all these years living here... she waves at everyone too.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Nope, sorry you're not a yankee. You're a **** yankee (the kind that comes down but forgets to go home).
tongue2.gif

'Tis okay, we'll keep you. After all, you were smart enough to come south in the first place.
smile.png

Quote:
We did the same thing where I grew up. Can't get much farther away from the South than Alaska. Waved at everyone regardless if you knew them.
Also Ketchikan had a lot of tourism, so when the buses full of tourists would drive by, I would run out to the street and wave at the tourists. The buses would stop and the instamatic cameras would start flashing. There are probably a billion pictures of little imp standing in the driveway.

Imp

Quote:
Nope, sorry you're not a yankee. You're a **** yankee (the kind that comes down but forgets to go home).
tongue2.gif

'Tis okay, we'll keep you. After all, you were smart enough to come south in the first place.
smile.png

HUMmmm...that would make me a Double Trouble Dam Yankee....since I have lived there once and am planning on coming back!
tongue2.gif

I am proud to be from the South, where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; Yes maam and no maam is how you speak to those older than you; summer starts in March; front porches are wide and words are long; mac and cheese is a vegetable; banana puddin is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come w/gravy; everyone is darling or honey and someone is always getting their heart blessed. Have a good day Y'all!

A few other good things are...

No snow....ever!!
My garden grows all 12 months of the year
The beach (we live really near the coast)
We catch our own fresh seafood

Sweet tea

Southern drawls

Co-op and TSC as well as the local feed store are "hot spots"

Saying howdy to everyone

Being called sweetie or hon and not getting offended because that is what everyone does

Wearing big ole hats

Growing tomatoes

Wrap around porches

Weeping willow trees

Listening to the frogs and crickets from the front porch-- which we actually sit on

Men still open doors, people say ma'am and sir AND of course ya'll

Taking pictures for people of walmart website as subject material is always available- btw Wal-Mart is another hot spot around here

Coming from a town/wide spot in the road that only has one flashing yellow light in the whole town

Hunting for lightening bugs and flying june bugs on a string

Oh I could go on and on and on---

Proud to say I am American by birth BUT Southern by the grace of God
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom