Rebuilding my Farm

Today, I will be swabbing the Easter chicks for MG as they are 3 weeks old now. Please pray that the results comes back negative and the experiment had worked. I will not get the results back for two weeks! It will be a long wait. :(

Good luck Daron
fl.gif
fl.gif

thanks for being brave enough to share your experience, so hopefully some of us can learn from them. I will be taking away the importance of quarantine, as I am planning to pick up a few birds at a swap soon. this was an eerie reminder.

again, thanks so much for sharing, I wish you the best of luck in rebuilding your flock. I almost teared up reading about your last pullet that you euthanized :(

Wow. This thread has really caught my interest. I hope your test comes back negative, Daron!

I am dealing with illness here, too. One hen died, and another is recovering. I had a necropsy done on the hen that died, and she had some kind of massive reproductive infection, but also sinusitis. I am now waiting for results of a lung culture, to find out if there is a respiratory disease that could be spreading among my flock. So far, the only other sign of illness, is in a Speckled Sussex, which is the same breed that died. She acts healthy, but occasionally makes a weird coughing noise that has me concerned. I should get the lung culture results this week.

so sorry daron that this has happened to you another time i followed this thread the first time and lost the thread now found it again
praying that your results come back negative
god bless you man

Thank you all. :) But I was helping my parents with the rental house project, and had to go to work at the dairy farm, so I was not able to swab the chicks today, I will tomorrow as I have the day off. :yesss:

Our bull calves are doing great, but getting into trouble lately by escaping and neighbors calling us saying that there are cows on their yard. :barnie But got the fence fix, so hopefully no more escapes in a very looong time.

Here are the escapees- These were taken last week.

They are 5 months old now.

November

Pancake

We got a heifer 3 weeks ago!!!

Meet Bella!
She is an Angus/Guernsey cross. She is due in a month for her first calf! We got her to be a family cow.
I have been spoiling her, by giving her an apple everyday, and lots of back scratches. :love

I was weed wracking the weeds under the fence, and Bella saw what I was doing, and came running to find out what I was doing.

Also, we got American Guinea Hogs 2 weeks ago!!

I love them!!

Last edited:
I got the test results in the mail today from the Lab about if my experiment had worked ridding of MG in the eggs....

Back
Top Bottom