Receiving hatching eggs during hot weather

HillGuy

Songster
Jun 2, 2020
So it's July & really hot. I do not believe USPS trucks, planes & shipping depots are climate controlled. So the eggs probably get subjected to some high temperatures. Does that get the embryo to start developing? Are there any issues then with receiving them and letting them rest before going into the incubator? Trying to figure out the best way to handle incoming order. Thanks

Hi there. I live in a hot climate and received eggs in summer. The eggs that flew cross country I put in the bator right away, vertically rather than horizontal, and didn't turn for a couple of days. Eggs that didn't fly I put into the bator right away and started turning the next day.

I was wondering about putting them in the incubator right away. Going pointy end down and not turning for a couple of days sounds like a good way to go. Thanks.

I should be able to balance them. Horizontal is the normal way they lay in my Janoel incubator.

The last batch I received during hot weather had a really low hatch rate which was disappointing.

I was wondering about putting them in the incubator right away. Going pointy end down and not turning for a couple of days sounds like a good way to go. Thanks.

I should be able to balance them. Horizontal is the normal way they lay in my Janoel incubator.

The last batch I received during hot weather had a really low hatch rate which was disappointing.
My incubator is meant to go horizontal also. I received eggs in may or late April and it was pretty hot, mine had been lost in the mail for 6 days so I had to put them right in, I layed them horizontally and didn’t turn on the turner for 48 hours, 21 out of 36 hatched, 2 got shrink wrapped when I removed the others after 24 hours, so 23 out of 36 grew fine after all the trauma of shipment. The seller had originally said I should have a 40% hatch rate, but even after travel difficulties it was much higher.

Back
Top Bottom